Friday, September 21, 2007

Back in Blighty

So it has ended. A week short of 14 months away and now I find myself sitting again in a room I once called home. Everything looks the same but my perception has changed. I feel quite bad as I look around and can't hide the fact that I currently don't think too much of Britain. I currently feel like I want to pack up again and be on my way but give it a few days and I'm sure I'll settle down just as long as I can have some solid bier in Muenchen every now and again. As I said little has changed in dear old Comberton which I guess has been the case for the last thirty years. I had a good walk around Cambridge to day and I guess little has changed there for around 300 years.
I think I'm all set to start university. I've got a far amount of pots and pans, shortly a solid cook book and I'm ready to change the world (well the Quays at Essex uni anyway) with my Dodgy grace. I have to agree with the rest of the world and say milk in tea is a terrible idea. I thought it important that I got this point across. Everything here feels so English, tea, people speaking funny sounding English, pubs with mash and sausages, grey sky and buses which are complete rubbish. Right Britian here I am. might as well go for it and drink some tea and do whatever people do here. For those who haven't visited Britain I can tell you local customs include poking little sisters with big stick and standing on your head for 37 minutes a day. Excuse me whilte I do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home